Emergency Eye Care in Wellington, FL
At Family Vision Center PA, we recognize your need for fast, reliable emergency eye care. That’s why we offer emergency services. If you believe you are having an eye emergency, please contact our office immediately for help.
When should you get emergency eye care?
If you’re unsure whether you need emergency eye care, give our Wellington, FL office a call. Our staff can answer your questions and provide directions on what to do before you come in for an appointment.
You may benefit from emergency eye care if you have:
- Swelling in the eye, inflammation, or other signs of eye infections
- A foreign object stuck in your eye, especially items like metal or glass that could be very damaging
- Intense pain in the eye, especially if you believe it’s been scratched
- Chemical exposure especially if you are having vision problems or significant pain
- Cuts, lacerations of any time, on the eyelid or eye
- Sudden changes in your vision, including flashes of light, intense pain, floaters, or dark areas
In these situations, it’s best to seek immediate care. Doing so may help to protect your vision and minimize the risk of complications. Don’t wait to call Family Vision Center PA for help.
Should you go to the ER?
There are some situations that warrant a trip to the emergency room. If you are bleeding excessively or there is a loss of consciousness, call 911 immediately for help. We also recommend heading to the emergency room if our team is not available to meet your needs, such as problems occurring in the evening.
If you’ve suffered any other trauma or injuries, such as after a car accident or alteration, visit the emergency room as a first step. Once they stabilize your health and determine the problems occurring, you can always turn to us at Family Vision Center PA for ongoing eye care needs. We are happy to consult with the ER in cases of eye emergencies as well.
What can emergency eye care do for you?
When you visit our Wellington, FL office, our primary goal is to ensure your vision and health are maintained. That means we assess what’s happened to you quickly and create a treatment plan for you. With a wide range of services available in our offices, it doesn’t take long for you to get the care you need. We can handle most types of eye emergencies in our office right away, giving you peace of mind even in these difficult situations.
What to do when an eye emergency happens at home
Sometimes what you do before you come in for emergency eye treatment matters the most. When you suffer any damage to your eyes, there are a few important things to remember.
- Never rub your eyes if you feel like something is in them or they hurt. This only pushes the debris further into the eye, potentially causing more damage.
- If you’ve suffered any type of chemical burn or damage to the eye from substances, flush your eyes with cool water. Do this for at least 15 minutes. Avoid closing the eye – try to keep yourself from squinting or rubbing the eye until you can receive medical care.
- In situations where there is something stuck into the eye, cover the eye with a dry, clean cloth. In these situations, it may be best to get to the emergency room as quickly as possible. Dial 911 for immediate help. Don’t touch the object or try to remove it on your own.
Any time you are in a car accident, near an explosion, or near a window that shattered, come in for emergency eye care. In these situations, material can build up in the eye and cause damage to the surface over time.
Call Family Vision Center PA Now for an Immediate Appointment
Don’t wait to get the eye care you need. Let our team at Family Vision Center PA provide you with information when you call our Wellington, FL office.